Tuesday 27 August 2013

014 Time for Comparison

It has been three years now, since I decided to get serious about art. I made my first attempts at digital painting and one of them was a group portrait of the characters in my RPG party. The system we played was (better make that is, the group is still in existence) Das Schwarze Auge (The Dark Eye). It is a very popular game among german speaking countries.

When I finished the group portrait, I was kind of proud and very pleased with the outcome. Three years later, I can barely look at it :) So I decided to redraw the group portrait to compare my skill levels and analyze where my flaws still are. Here is the before-after:

Before
After

I improved a lot regarding figure drawing and color&light. Still, I need to create more dynamic poses, more natural faces and brush up my compositional skills.
Onwards to more paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment